Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Research 2D to 3D to 2D

The words I got were Skier, France and Dancing, which I have to turn into an illustration and then recreate it in a 3D setting, before again turning it into a 2D photograph. When I think of France, I think of the Eiffel Tower:

And the colours of the french flag:

So I'm going to work those into my imagery.
And with skiers, I just think of skis as the most crucial ingredients, so I'm going to play on those too. I don't think an image is really necessary though.

In terms of visual style, I like the lo-fi sort of 3D resolution of the images below using coloured papers and card as well as other elements to create the image in 3D.
No Legacy illustration


Tactile book

I think the original image has to match this lo-fi aesthetic so work such as this by Agnese Bicocchi would really suit the feel of the imagery I want to go for.


James Gulliver Hancock:


Right, time to leap into action.

No comments:

Post a Comment