Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Targeting my audience

I'm going to list a load of questions that I might ask my demographic (16-25 year olds), in order to get useful information, hopefully I'll end up with a set of questions I can ask when interviewing (i.e. not a blanket questionnaire.)

Do you read a lot of books?
Why/why not?
What is your favourite book?
Why?
Do you have a favourite genre?
Have you read any of the following titles (titles from the books in the series.)?
What did you think of them if you did?
Do you remember what any of the covers to the books you read look like?
If so, what did you like/dislike about them?
Do you have a favourite album cover?
What do you like about it?

Right I think that's a good start. I'll go in to the crit tomorrow and perhaps ask if there is any other questions that people could potentially think of. I asked about the album covers because music is something that the demographic engage in more than literature and it's be good to know what they like/look for in album artwork. I also think that these questions would be a bit difficult to answer just in a questionnaire so I'm probably going to lead a series of interviews in order to take more control of the answers I get out.

No comments:

Post a Comment