Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Stationary I like

Here's some unique stationary I've come across and why I think it's successful and things I can take away from it:


I like this bit of stationary for the street hearts because it's very minimal and simple, even with colours. Opting for pure black with a spot varnish to highlight the information. It's a nice sophisticated way of using a high-end finish which is something I'm interested in using for this project for Daisy's branding, stationary and look book.


This bit of stationary for Untitled employs a similar use of spot varnish across a few different stocks. I'm not a big fan of the type they've chosen to communicate the information though, it feels a little clunky.


This identity for Galerist is definitely not my cup of tea. It's very simple like the other two I've already looked at. But it feels a lot more low budge and the paper stocks chosen don't really interest me like the other two did. That being said, I do like the typography for their 'logo'. It's a great font and the leading and weighting look to have been really well considered.


This one is great because of it's application of a colour scheme across a range of medias that really unites them as a set. I'm not too keen on the use of Clarendon on the front of the invite. It just feels clunky and awkward as a piece of body text. I personally feel that Clarendon is OK as a title font, but it doesn't work as well as functional, readable body type, which is kind of how it is being used here.



To be perfectly honest, the main reason that I picked this to show isn't really the design elements, but actually the blue in that packaging is quite excellent. I guess that demonstrates the power of well chosen colour.


I chose this because it's quite a unique identity and the stationary chosen applies to them really well and it's really well presented here. I love the sort of 19th Century feel to their logo and the way it's been applied cleverly to a colour system of white, black and red.


I think this highlights very nicely, how sometimes the simplest of things are actually the nicest of things. The use of negative space really, really works effectively.

No comments:

Post a Comment